FRUIT PACKER JOBS IN CANADA
Fruit Packer packs agricultural produce, such as bulbs, fruits, nuts, eggs, and vegetables, for storage or shipment, performing any combination of following duties: Lines box, barrel, basket, carton, or crate with treated paper, cardboard, excelsior, or prepared padding, or inserts paper trays or separators in container.
Responsibilities Of A Fruit Packer
- Places rows of produce in layers in containers, and inserts excelsior, shredded cellophane, or paper trays after each layer and over top layer of produce, or scoops produce into container.
- Wraps produce in treated paper, foil, or plastic film wrap before placing produce in container.
- Packs exposed top layer of produce, arranging produce in successive rows in container.
- Positions basket liner upside down over ring of produce on pallet and fills basket liner with specified amount of produce.
- Places basket upside down over filled liner on pallet.
- Pushes basket and pallet over conveyor rollers onto table of turning frame, clamps basket and pallet in place, and moves lever to turn basket upright.
- Fits lid on container and nails, wires, or tapes in place.
- Stamps grade, brand, and date of packing on container.
- Washes and trims produce, such as lettuce and carrots, preparatory to packing, working in warehouse or on harvesting machine in field.
- Sorts produce according to size, color, and grade before packing.
- May weigh packed produce and add or remove produce from container to obtain specified weight.