TRUCK DRIVER JOBS IN CANADA
A Truck Driver Is Responsible For Transporting Goods From One Place To Another Using Heavy Trucks, Sometimes Over Intercity Routes Or Spanning Several States.
Some of the skills and requirements needed are as follows:
- High level of alertness and concentration.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and customer service skills.
- A positive attitude.
- A strong work ethic.
- Must pass drug and alcohol test
- Must have clean driving record.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES OF A TRUCK DRIVER
- Deliver goods while operating a tractor-trailer truck, sometimes over intercity routes or spanning several states.
- Load and unload cargo.
- Record amount and type of cargo being delivered.
- Take orders for new deliveries.
- Drive long distances.
- Fill up on fuel, clean truck, and wash windows.
- Report to a dispatcher any incidents encountered on the road.
- Monitor road conditions and watch for traffic congestion.
- Follow all applicable traffic laws.
- Inspect their trailer before and after the trip, and record any defects they find.
- Follow accident procedures if an accident occurs.
- Keep a log of their activities.
- Report serious mechanical problems to the appropriate personnel.
- Keep their truck, and associated equipment, clean and in good working order.
- Plan routes using maps or satellite tracking.
- Get goods to client on time.
- Take rest periods during trip.
- Transport hazardous materials.
- Take special precautions while driving.
- Maintain log of trips.
- Inspect trucks and record issues.
- Follow accident procedures.
- Keep an activities log and log hours.
- Report mechanical problems to maintenance personnel.
- Maintain a positive attitude with customers.
- Keep commercial driver license up to date.